Thursday, June 2, 2011

Rattling sound on my mazda protege?

i have a 99 mazda protege that i got from my friend. 123k miles. runs well. I had all the struts replaced about 2 months ago after hearing a terrible rattling sound.

Now, when I drive I'm beginning to hear a slight rattle. It sounds as if it's mostly when I go over a bump. Not constant and not as intense as the strut sound, but it's the similar type of noise. i will bring it to the mechaninc but won't be able to until next week. worried about the safety of me driving until then. any ideas as to possible reasons for the noise? It drives fine. how much to change, and can I drive it?Rattling sound on my mazda protege?
My 95 Camry was doing the same exact thing and it was the CV joints. It was okay to drive - not preferable, but okay - and it was $400 to fix. Good luck!Rattling sound on my mazda protege?
It's hard to say.



It could be anything - after riding for how long with bad struts?



It could be tie rod ends -

upper bearing mounts

ball joint

cv shaft

rack and pinion