Thursday, June 2, 2011

Rattling sound on my mazda protege?

i have a 99 mazda protege that i got from my friend. 123k miles. runs well. I had all the struts replaced about 2 months ago after hearing a terrible rattling sound.

Now, when I drive I'm beginning to hear a slight rattle. It sounds as if it's mostly when I go over a bump. Not constant and not as intense as the strut sound, but it's the similar type of noise. i will bring it to the mechaninc but won't be able to until next week. worried about the safety of me driving until then. any ideas as to possible reasons for the noise? It drives fine. how much to change, and can I drive it?Rattling sound on my mazda protege?
WOOOO ! ! ! that kind of questions make me so happy because when i give you the answer you and other who read this will say IM A TRUE MAZDA EXPERT it makes me so happy ! !



so here it goes the sound when the car bumps is very near to the shocks the problem, you have to replace the links that are attached to shocks and sway bar, and by the way replace the sway bar bushings! ! that is the problemRattling sound on my mazda protege?
hmmm that's a good question. it does sound like the struts, but you said they were replaced. As long as your temperatures are fine I don't think you have anything to worry about. You may have a loose strut or a bolt might have come loose. I wonder if your timing is off.