Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Can someone give me an idea on how much it would cost to get my rear struts replaced.?

And also, if I don't get them changed, is there any risk of more damage being done. I don't mind the rattling noise and bumpy ride, etc., but if driving with really bad struts will damage other parts I guess I will need to fix them



I have a 2000 mercury cougar.Can someone give me an idea on how much it would cost to get my rear struts replaced.?
Generally about 1 hour per wheel. Mechanics usually give you life time warranty on strut and install cheap crap strut so that it will fail within 10K miles. in which case, the mechanic can eat the cost of cheap strut, but charge for labor to get repeated business. Good strut would last 100K



The problem with riding on old strut is when road is bumpy, the time that the wheels making contact with the ground would be severely limited. Which means your braking distance and stopping distance would increase. It increases your chance of getting into an accident.Can someone give me an idea on how much it would cost to get my rear struts replaced.?
Too bad mister Sang K has'nt been able to find a reputable mechanic, I feel sorry for him, seems a little insecure of him to tell someone that mechanics are all theives, kind of like getting a bad apple and saying that the entire orchard is bad is'nt it ?.

Report Abuse