Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How much to repair a broken strut?

I got an oil change at Good Year today and they told me I had a broken strut on the rear passenger side. I drive a 2001 Saturn L200. I had never heard any noises at all before the oil change but when I drove home there was a quite loud clanking noise, especially over bumps. I read somewhere you should get these fixed in pairs? I should get both rears done then? I was given a pricing estimate at Good Year and they told me $602. Does this sound accurate? Please help me, thanks.How much to repair a broken strut?
about 400 should do it/little steep at 600How much to repair a broken strut?
It depends, there's never a fixed price on this, i suggest you take it to various places even the place you bought it from if its a dealership and get estimates, compare the costs and choose which cost you less

a strut can cost a lot depending on the kind of car but price is less for just one.

the labor is the most expensive $250, $300 or over, since it takes a lotta energy and time to get to them, then there is taxing $79 or more. 600 sounds like a fair deal but take it to other places and compare your estimates before spending, if your not comfortable with what they told you.



Other people pay way more for invisible problems,

a dime sized scratch and a rice sized ding cost between 700 to $1200 to fix on a brand new beamer, of course, there's a huge difference but still yours can be a treat to you or cause bigger problems if it gets worst in the middle of the road, you might loose stability