Saturday, November 20, 2010

How many labor hours to change all 4 struts on a 1999 hyundai accent ?

I dont feel like looking it up but probably 2.2 or so for the front and 2.8 for the rear. So 5 hrs labor times going rate 100/hr give or take 20 bucks depending where you live.How many labor hours to change all 4 struts on a 1999 hyundai accent ?
its not worth itHow many labor hours to change all 4 struts on a 1999 hyundai accent ?
The answer from WillS sounds right to me, but do your struts really need replacing? The last time I had it done, it was because an overzealous service writer talked me into it. As part of the deal, I asked to see the old struts. When the job was done, I asked for the old strut cartidges and the mechanic pointed to a dumpster full of old parts and told me I could go find them. GRRRRR!

I say there was nothing wrong with the struts.

If your strut cartridges are bad, the car will continue to rock more than twice after hitting a bump and there should some oil seeping from the seals at the top of the strut cartidges.

Have youe mechanic PROVE you need the cartridges.