Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Should I get a degree in automotive technology?

Right now im a senior in high school and I have taken all the auto classes offered at my school. Through that I have learned the basics of how a car works, I have also learned how to change brakes, oil, how to remove a strut, and how to put a tire onto a rim. But I just don't know if thats something I want to do for the rest of my life because I haven't got that much experince form school. Also I have heard that being a mechanic can be very difficult and is very hard on your body. So im just wondering if this is a career i should be pursing? Should I get a degree in automotive technology?
If you are passionate about it then go for it. If you are unsure and want to look around you can use websites that will help you find other careers that would also work for you. You could also talk to your school counselor to get the same information.

You could also take a few different classes you think you might be interested in at a local community college. Career options are pretty much endless.