Saturday, November 20, 2010

How to change struts on a 1999 toyato avalon?

Hi,

I'm not sure how to change them. I changed struts on my 88 Taurus. I used a few wrenches and a small hydraulic jack. A lot easier than I thought, and cheaper than having them done.



Check out Auto Zones website for maintenance and repair info, and check the forums at talkaboutautos.com



good luck

stoshHow to change struts on a 1999 toyato avalon?
remove 3 nuts inside of the hood r 0 l remove tire. look 2 bolts size 17 o 14 and remove thosesHow to change struts on a 1999 toyato avalon?
Don't do it. If you need to ask, you will not know how to safely compress the springs that house the strut. The spring compression is rated at 300+ lbs. If it slips while re-installing the new strut, it can take your head off.

Instead, buy the struts from a checker, or pep boys, and take them to a small mechanic shop that has been around at LEAST 5 years. Price them for just the labor.

Marty