Saturday, November 20, 2010

How to change struts on a 2002 grand prix front?

that job my friend is not easy and it just might get you hurt pretty bad *i broke my arm and chin once when the spring came flying at me* ouch! the springs need to be compressed by a tool to remove them from the old strut and to put them on but if you insist some repair shops will comprees the springs for you at a fair and low price. good luck...How to change struts on a 2002 grand prix front?
First go on line pontiac performance dot com. The new GXP uses Bilstine German struts vastly superior in every way only one modification to make it work on earlier W body GM cars. You need to compress the springs to change the shock strut. ANd always replace the top strut mounts because you don't konw it yet yours are torn. Sources for Grand prix information clubgp.com. I now own a 2006 GTO. I was a founding member of the grand prix club. I made almost 300 sets of shock struts with KNOI dampers so GP owners could feel the road.